To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by fax -- not by email, except by prior agreement) that sets forth the items specified below. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Indeed, in a past case (please see http://www.onlinepolicy.org/action/legpolicy/opg_v_diebold/ for more information), a company that sent an infringement notification seeking removal of online materials that were protected by the fair use doctrine was ordered to pay such costs and attorneys fees. The company agreed to pay over $100,000. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers):
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (for example, "The copyrighted work at issue is the image that appears on http://www.DrudgeReportArchives.com/...") or other information sufficient to specify the copyrighted work being infringed.
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1 above.
YOU MUST IDENTIFY EACH ALLEGED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT YOU ARE CLAIMING BY PROVIDING A DIRECT LINK TO A WEB PAGE THAT CONTAINS THE INFRINGING MATERIAL IN QUESTION. This requires you to provide the URL for each alleged copyright infringement that identifies the specific posts, as opposed to entire sites.
3. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit DRA to contact you (email address is preferred).
4. Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit DRA to notify the owner/administrator of the allegedly infringing webpage or other content (email address is preferred).
5. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
6. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
7. Sign the paper.
8. Send the written communication to the following FAX: (888) 730-3453